"We Are Veterans Helping Veterans"
32 Jonesboro Street McDonough GA 30253
* VSG is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free assistance to Veterans, their surviving spouses and dependent children of all branches of service with Veterans Benefits, Veterans Health and National Cemetery.
Listed are, but not limited to, services offered:
* Completion of VA Forms for compensation and benefits
* Researching and collecting of evidence to submit to a VA compensation packet.
* Request medical records.
* Weekly support meetings.
*Assisting spouses with filling for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
* Referrals to Partner Organizations.
* Requesting copies of DD214 or DD215
* Assistance with creation of electronic VA accounts
* Assist with Burn pit registry, Agent Orange registry, etc.
* Assist with National Cemetery registry, etc.
* Conduct Professional Work Shops.
To provide transitional assistance to Veterans; such as: educational classes, job search applications; resource referrals; two free meals per day; as well as clothing and personal hygiene supplies for homeless veterans, to assist with job interviews. *VSG has assisted over 400 Veterans in Henry County and surrounding counties with Veterans claims assistance and support groups. Once the Veterans House & Service Center opens, VSG is prepared to service as many as 500-1000 Veterans and Spouses in Henry County and surrounding communities.
* There are over 17k veterans who reside in Henry County and 15-20k in Clayton and surrounding communities; VSG believes with increased support from the community partners, we will be able to provide Veterans, and their surviving spouses access to care, reduction of re-submissions and re-encounters, bring increased awareness to Veterans and illnesses related to their military exposures, and referrals to VA healthcare or VA community care in order to reduce preventable instances of heart disease, hypertension and stroke.
Your support and contributions will enable us to continue to move forward in our mission to providing free assistance to Veterans, their surviving spouses and dependent children of all branches of service. Thank You!
If you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment, complete the "contact form" below and a representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
32 Jonesboro Street, Mcdonough, Georgia 30253, United States
July 1, 2019 - Today Marlon "Deuce" Miller Jr., his mom Tawanda, and little sister Madison stopped by to drop off a donation check of $1000.00 from the proceeds from this weekend's 2nd Annual "Deuce Hands" Carnival. Deuce we really appreciate what you and your team do for the homeless (to include veterans) in our community! Keep up the good work and like we always say "We got your 6" (We got your back)! Thank you team Deuce!
For more info on Deuce and his organization visit his website at http://deucehands.org/
Saturday June 29, 2019 - VSG supported Marlon "Deuce" Miller Jr., founder of "Deuce Hands" at his 2nd annual carnival at Union Grove Middle School. It was a great event for a great cause! Deuce's mission is...to give back to the community by helping the homeless and less fortunate by providing them with basic need essentials as well as resources to supportive services. Through the services and donations from Deuce Hands, Inc. the mission is to enrich the lives of individuals facing adversity and promote self-sufficiency. Thanks for all you do Deuce!