Veterans Support Group, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing FREE assistance to Veterans, their surviving spouses and dependent children of all branches of service with Veterans Benefits, Veterans Health and the National Cemetery. Listed are, but not limited to, services offered:
- Completion of VA Forms for compensation and benefits
- Researching and collecting of evidence to submit to a VA compensation packet.
- Request medical records.
- Weekly support meetings.
- Assisting spouses with filling for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Referrals to Partner Organizations.
- Requesting copies of DD214 or DD215
- Assistance with creation of electronic VA accounts (eBenefits, myhealthevet)
- Assist with Burn pit registry, Agent Orange registry, etc.
- Assist with National Cemetery registry, etc.
- Conduct Professional Work Shops.
- To provide transitional assistance to Veterans, such as: educational classes; job search applications; resource referrals; A FREE hot breakfast 3 days a week; as well as groceries, clothing and personal hygiene supplies for homeless veterans, and assist with job interviews.
- There are over 17K veterans who reside in Henry County and 20-30K in Clayton and surrounding counties. VSG believes with increased support from our community partners, we will be able to provide assistance to a majority of this population.
- The Veterans House & Service Center (VHSC) is dedicated to having a “Hands On Approach” assisting our clients so that all areas of needs are met by providing Veterans, and their surviving spouses with access to care, reduction of re-submissions and re-encounters, bring increased awareness to veterans about illnesses related to their military exposures, and referrals to VA healthcare or VA community care in order to reduce preventable instances of heart disease, hypertension and stroke.